Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Amit Pundir <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/31 10:47:53 UTC

Setting MemoryConfiguration

Hi,

I want to set the max offHeap memory utilized by Ignite 2.0 nodes. For this
I am defining the MemoryConfiguration for IgniteConfiguration on the Ignite
*server* nodes as shown below.

/My questions are -/

1. Do the Ignite *client* nodes also utilize offHeap memory?
2. Should this property be defined for Ignite *client* nodes at all?

<property name="memoryConfiguration">
        <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.MemoryConfiguration">

            <property name="defaultMemoryPolicySize" value="#{7 * 1024 *
1024 * 1024}"/>
        </bean>
</property>

Thanks

Re: Setting MemoryConfiguration

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
With the default configuration, clients don't use offheap memory. If you
will configure MemoryConfiguration and create LOCAL cache - they will use
offHeap memory

Evgenii

Posted by Amit Pundir <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You need to configure MemoryConfigurationfor clients only if you want to
start LOCAL caches on client nodes.

Evgenii