Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Christian Kohlschütter <ck...@rrzn.uni-hannover.de> on 2004/04/22 09:25:15 UTC

Wiki write access

Hello,

I've just noticed that some anonymous stupido modified the FrontPage of the
jakarta-lucene wiki, maybe just for checking if modification works. I have
reverted the changes, noticing that it was possible without any extra
authentication.

Is this behaviour explicitly desired or is it a wiki misconfiguration?

I understand that all Lucene users should be able to modify the wiki's
contents, but at least, they should be forced to create a user profile
beforehand.

Best regards,

Christian

Re: Wiki write access

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I just forwarded this thread over to the Jakarta PMC list to inquire
about other wikis and whether this is a reasonable requirement for
write access.  I'm fine with it personally - but it is still only a
minimal road-block for vandals.  Enforcing a "valid" e-mail address is
probably asking for too much - I'm not sure though.

	Erik

Re: Wiki write access

Posted by Christian Kohlschütter <ck...@rrzn.uni-hannover.de>.

Re: Wiki write access