Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Perrins Matthew <ma...@barclaycard.co.uk> on 2001/05/17 14:50:57 UTC

Dynamically Loading classes into Ants JVM

Do you know if it is possible to supply a new classpath to the running ANT
JVM ? , I have written an extension that requires some of the compiled
classes and there dependants to be in the classpath, but this classpath can
change I don't want to hardcode it outside the ant build.xml.

<javac> and <java> both support a separate classpath property, so they don't
have a problem compiling or executing classes that are not in the ANTs
classpath.

Thanks

Matt Perrins

Legal Disclaimer:-

Please be aware that messages sent over
the Internet may not be secure and should
not be seen as forming a legally binding
contract unless otherwise stated.

Re: Dynamically Loading classes into Ants JVM

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Perrins Matthew <ma...@barclaycard.co.uk> wrote:

> I have written an extension that requires some of the compiled
> classes and there dependants to be in the classpath, but this
> classpath can change I don't want to hardcode it outside the ant
> build.xml.

Is this extension a task? <taskdef> has a classpath child element as
well.

Stefan