Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Enrico Ballarin Dolfin <en...@swissonline.ch> on 2003/05/31 15:45:39 UTC

Bug in sunrise-deluser.xml ?

Hi

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 4.0.4 and Apache 1.3.26.

Analyzing the sunspotdemoportal found in Cocoon 2.0.4 I have the impression
that there is something wrong in the resource file sunrise-deluser.xml:

The file has 3 sections:
- delete from sunrise users => OK
- delete user profile => OK
- delete user status profile => possible bug in "sunshine:fragment".

<sunshine:insert>
  <sunshine:file>sunspotdemo/profiles/userstatus-<sunshine:getxml
context="request" path="/parameter/ID" />.xml ></sunshine:file>
  <sunshine:path>/</sunshine:path>
  <sunshine:fragment><user-delta/></sunshine:fragment>
  <sunshine:replace>status-profile</sunshine:replace>
</sunshine:insert>

The first time that the deluser resource is used it will substitute the
status-profile element with an empty user-data element. Successive calls to
the same resources may not find a status-profile element and add an
additional empty user-delta element to the file.

Comparing the sunSpot documentation and comparing the "delete user status
profile" section with the "delete user profile" section on file
sunrise-deluser.xml, I think the sunshine:fragment has to be modified as
following:

<sunshine:fragment><status-profile/></sunshine:fragment>

- Do you agree?

Additional question:

Why deleting a sunrise user you don't delete also the userstatus and
userprofile files, instead to put on them empty user-delta and
status-profile elements? After deleting a lot of user you have twice as many
unused files in the profiles directory...

Thanks
Enrico

RE: Bug in sunrise-deluser.xml ?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin wrote:
> I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 4.0.4 and Apache 1.3.26.
>
> Analyzing the sunspotdemoportal found in Cocoon 2.0.4 I have the
> impression
> that there is something wrong in the resource file sunrise-deluser.xml:
>
> The file has 3 sections:
> - delete from sunrise users => OK
> - delete user profile => OK
> - delete user status profile => possible bug in "sunshine:fragment".
>
> <sunshine:insert>
>   <sunshine:file>sunspotdemo/profiles/userstatus-<sunshine:getxml
> context="request" path="/parameter/ID" />.xml ></sunshine:file>
>   <sunshine:path>/</sunshine:path>
>   <sunshine:fragment><user-delta/></sunshine:fragment>
>   <sunshine:replace>status-profile</sunshine:replace>
> </sunshine:insert>
>
> The first time that the deluser resource is used it will substitute the
> status-profile element with an empty user-data element.
> Successive calls to
> the same resources may not find a status-profile element and add an
> additional empty user-delta element to the file.
>
> Comparing the sunSpot documentation and comparing the "delete user status
> profile" section with the "delete user profile" section on file
> sunrise-deluser.xml, I think the sunshine:fragment has to be modified as
> following:
>
> <sunshine:fragment><status-profile/></sunshine:fragment>
>
> - Do you agree?

Yes, this is correct - I will fix this. Thanks!

> +========================================================+
> Additional question:
>
> Why deleting a sunrise user you don't delete also the userstatus and
> userprofile files, instead to put on them empty user-delta and
> status-profile elements? After deleting a lot of user you have
> twice as many
> unused files in the profiles directory...

Yes, this is true - when the delete functionality was created, there
was no possibility to delete a file from within a pipeline - so
the simple way of overwriting the profile was used instead.
Deleting it would be much better of course.

Thanks
Carsten