Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kamaraju Kusumanchi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/02 17:31:29 UTC

svn list is not showing a file

I added a file using

svn add continuity.F90

command. Then I commited that file after sometime. But in the working
repository when I do

$svn list . | grep -sir continuity

svn list .

I do not see this file. What could be the reason? I am still learning
subsversion and so may be I am doing something stupid here. I tried adding
the same file again (just to see what happens) but that gives a warning.

$svn add continuity.F90
svn: warning: 'continuity.F90' is already under version control

using Debian sid, subversion 1.3.1-3

thanks for any help.
raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about

Re: svn list is not showing a file

Posted by Kamaraju Kusumanchi <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Friday 02 June 2006 13:33, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I added a file using
> >
> > svn add continuity.F90
> >
> > command. Then I commited that file after sometime. But in the working
> > repository when I do
> >
> > $svn list . | grep -sir continuity
> >
> > svn list .
> >
> > I do not see this file. What could be the reason?
>
> Running 'svn list .' will list the version of that directory in the
> repository at the revision that directory is on.  So if you added a
> file and committed it in r10, the directory that file is in will still
> be in a previous revision, so your list won't see it.  If you run
> update first it will.  See the various FAQs on mixed-revision working
> copies.

That was really quick reply. Thanks and sorry for asking an FAQ. svn update
did the trick. I will go and read the FAQ now.

raju

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 6/2/06, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added a file using
>
> svn add continuity.F90
>
> command. Then I commited that file after sometime. But in the working
> repository when I do
>
> $svn list . | grep -sir continuity
>
> svn list .
>
> I do not see this file. What could be the reason?

Running 'svn list .' will list the version of that directory in the
repository at the revision that directory is on.  So if you added a
file and committed it in r10, the directory that file is in will still
be in a previous revision, so your list won't see it.  If you run
update first it will.  See the various FAQs on mixed-revision working
copies.

-garrett