Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com> on 2018/05/17 21:19:06 UTC

I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Hi Everyone,

I was absent from the mailing list, slack channel and our Beam community
for the past six weeks, the reason was that I took a leave to focus on
finishing my Masters Degree, which I finally did on May 15th.

I graduated as a Masters of Engineering in Operations Research with a
concentration in Data Science from UC Berkeley. I'm glad to be part of this
community and I'd like to share this accomplishment with you so I'm adding
two pictures of that day :)

Given that I've seen so many new folks around, I'd like to use this
opportunity to re-introduce myself. I'm Gris Cuevas and I work at Google.
Now that I'm back, I'll continue to work on supporting our community in two
main streams: Contribution Experience & Events, Meetups, and Conferences.

It's good to be back and I look forward to collaborating with you.

Cheers,

Gris

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by Jason Kuster <ja...@google.com>.
Wonderful Gris; warmest congratulations on the milestone and glad to have
you back. :D

--
-------
Jason Kuster

See something? Say something. go/jasonkuster-feedback

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by Jason Kuster <ja...@google.com>.

--
-------

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.
Congratulations!!

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.
Welcome back and congrats again!

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Demeshchuk <dm...@postmates.com>.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk.

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.
Congratulations!!

Posted by Alan Myrvold <am...@google.com>.
Congratulations on graduating!!! Glad you're back.

Posted by Alan Myrvold <am...@google.com>.

Posted by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com>.

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com>.

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.
Congrats!

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@bigdatainstitute.io>.
Congrats!

Posted by Robert Burke <ro...@frantil.com>.
Congrats & welcome back!

Posted by Huygaa Batsaikhan <ba...@google.com>.

Posted by Huygaa Batsaikhan <ba...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Robin Qiu <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Demeshchuk <dm...@postmates.com>.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk.

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by OrielResearch Eila Arich-Landkof <ei...@orielresearch.org>.
🍾Congratulations!!!!

--
Eila
www.orielresearch.org

Re: I'm back and ready to help grow our community!

Posted by Preston Marshall <pr...@cityblock.com>.
Welcome back and congrats on the accomplishment! I hope to hear of some
Beam meetups in NYC soon :)

--

*Preston Marshall*

Director, Data Engineering

[image: www.cityblock.com] <http://www.cityblock.com/>

256-434-1050

preston@cityblock.com

55 Washington St, Unit 552 Brooklyn, NY 1​1201