Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by YEL <at...@googlemail.com> on 2005/10/05 00:36:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Basic Authentication and mod_auth_mysql form login

hello everyone,

i'm using apache2 tomcat5 mod_jk

i set Basic authentication with mod_auth_mysql to have my users
authenticated on a mysql DB.

users who try to access restricted areas are than prompted with the
standard browser identification pop up window to log in everything
works fine and my boss was happy with

a couple of days ago  he change his mind and wanted now a log in page
instead of pop up...

now i know the first thing to think about is to use a script wich
authenticate my users on the same database and "inject"  a peace of
code in each page to check the session and ...

but since we are serving at lease  8000 static content which are
generated based on word documents ... this issue becomes a bit
horrible for me and i dont have enough time to deal with this and i'm
out of ideas i'd really would apreciate any good ideas which may gets
me out this trouble im in now

i wich you all a good night and

Greetings from Cologne

--