Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Sa da Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/09 15:23:34 UTC

get the amount of CPU and memory used

I would like to see how much CPU and memory the Hadoop MRv2 is using to
run all my jobs. Hadoop have any command to list the amount of CPU and
memory it is being spent by the framework to run the jobs?

--
Best regards,

Re: get the amount of CPU and memory used

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pedro,
No, Hadoop don't have any command to list the amount of CPU and memory
used. You can use linux 'top', 'iostat', 'nmon' kind of command or a
monitoring tool like nagios to analyze cpu, memory, IO of hadoop process at
the time of you job submission.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Pedro Sa da Costa <ps...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to see how much CPU and memory the Hadoop MRv2 is using to
> run all my jobs. Hadoop have any command to list the amount of CPU and
> memory it is being spent by the framework to run the jobs?
>
> --
> Best regards,

...Sudhakara.st

Re: get the amount of CPU and memory used

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pedro,
No, Hadoop don't have any command to list the amount of CPU and memory
used. You can use linux 'top', 'iostat', 'nmon' kind of command or a
monitoring tool like nagios to analyze cpu, memory, IO of hadoop process at
the time of you job submission.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Pedro Sa da Costa <ps...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to see how much CPU and memory the Hadoop MRv2 is using to
> run all my jobs. Hadoop have any command to list the amount of CPU and
> memory it is being spent by the framework to run the jobs?
>
> --
> Best regards,

...Sudhakara.st

Re: get the amount of CPU and memory used

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pedro,
No, Hadoop don't have any command to list the amount of CPU and memory
used. You can use linux 'top', 'iostat', 'nmon' kind of command or a
monitoring tool like nagios to analyze cpu, memory, IO of hadoop process at
the time of you job submission.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Pedro Sa da Costa <ps...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to see how much CPU and memory the Hadoop MRv2 is using to
> run all my jobs. Hadoop have any command to list the amount of CPU and
> memory it is being spent by the framework to run the jobs?
>
> --
> Best regards,

...Sudhakara.st

Re: get the amount of CPU and memory used

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pedro,
No, Hadoop don't have any command to list the amount of CPU and memory
used. You can use linux 'top', 'iostat', 'nmon' kind of command or a
monitoring tool like nagios to analyze cpu, memory, IO of hadoop process at
the time of you job submission.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Pedro Sa da Costa <ps...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to see how much CPU and memory the Hadoop MRv2 is using to
> run all my jobs. Hadoop have any command to list the amount of CPU and
> memory it is being spent by the framework to run the jobs?
>
> --
> Best regards,

...Sudhakara.st