Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Hong-Thai Nguyen <Ho...@polyspot.com> on 2014/03/06 12:41:12 UTC

Using guava on tika ?

Hi all,

Guava (https://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/) provides many facilities on text, file, collection ... manipuation. Should we use in Tika ?

Hong-Thai

RE: Using guava on tika ?

Posted by Hong-Thai Nguyen <Ho...@polyspot.com>.
Thank for feedback.
Nothing we can't do with our code :) Guava is just 'facilities' make code more clear, shorter and sometime faster.
I agree that this integration brings more dependencies, may create conflicts in end-users applications. Leave as it for now.

Cheers,

Hong-Thai

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Using guava on tika ?

Posted by Konstantin Gribov <gr...@gmail.com>.
If you will bring it as a dependency -- don't use guava 15, use guava 16.
It breaks CDI in major appservers (jboss as 7, glassfish 3, websphere) with
incorrect beans.xml.

See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WELD-1007 and
https://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/issues/detail?id=1527.

--