Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mffrench <mf...@axway.com> on 2009/03/11 17:51:44 UTC

dead letter queue

Hello,

I would like to know if when I send a message on queue which does not exist
in my ActiveMQ broker where are stored this messages ? Is there any dead
letter queue in ActiveMQ ? How do I configure it ?

Thanks

Re: dead letter queue

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
In addition to James' comments please note, that the default dead
letter strategy only
sends messages to the dead letter queue if the messages are sent
persistently.
You can overwrite that behavior by configuring the deadLetterStrategy
setting
the processNonPersistent property to true.

Best regards
Andreas

On Mar 11, 2009, at 6:02 PM, James Strachan wrote:

> 2009/3/11 mffrench <mf...@axway.com>:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know if when I send a message on queue which does
>> not exist
>> in my ActiveMQ broker where are stored this messages ? Is there any
>> dead
>> letter queue in ActiveMQ ? How do I configure it ?
>
> ActiveMQ creates destinations on the fly by default...
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html
>
> DLQs are only used when consumers fail to process messages a given
> number of times
> http://activemq.apache.org/redelivery-policy.html
>
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>
> Open Source Integration
> http://fusesource.com/

---
Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
Andreas Gies
Principal Consultant
Open Source Center of Competence

Progress Software GmbH
Agrippinawerft 26
50678 Köln

E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168

http://www.progress.com
http://fusesource.com
http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com

Progress Software GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland

Re: dead letter queue

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.