Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2006/05/22 17:19:22 UTC

roller 2.3-rc3

I did a from-scratch installation of 2.3-RC3 + the roller support package on my dev box (Tomcat 5.5.7/MySQL 4.1.7/Java 1.5/Windows XP SP2) and it seemed to work just fine.

I did not follow the installation guide step by step.  I'll try that tonight.

I have not tried the upgrade installation.

A number of users complained about the MySQL BIT type, and I think we should fix this issue or write a release note for users running MySQL 5.0.3+.

--a.

Re: Roller 2.3-rc3

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@nc.rr.com>.
I didn't get a chance to send out an email about it (my Powerbook is
sick), but I was able to upload Roller 2.3 RC3 yesterday. Here are the
changes since the last RC:

   - Both binary and source are now signed via GNU PG
   - Added NOTICE file to source release
   - Removed warnings about inclusion of LGPL components
   - Removed ejb-1.1.jar file from source release
   - Added ASF license header in source files under test directory
   - Anil fixed I18N in comment authenticator (ROL-1070)

The release files (docs and .asc keys) are here:
   http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/roller-2.3-rc/

- Dave