Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/10 22:30:56 UTC

Using DirectConnection or EmbeddedSolrServer, within a component

Hi,

I'm experimenting with Solr components. I'd like to be able to use a
nice-high-level querying interface like the DirectSolrConnection or
EmbeddedSolrServer provides. Would it be considered absolutely insane to use
one of those *within a component* (using the same core instance)?

Matt

Re: Using DirectConnection or EmbeddedSolrServer, within a component

Posted by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com>.
Hey Shalin,

My thought was to build a component using DSC, but not for the actual
client. The client (for this application) would still be using an HTTP
connection. I'm happy to hear this approach is valid. If I need efficiency,
I can still use the lower level objects.

Do you or anyone else know of any tutorials for building Solr components?
I've been making my way through the stock component's source, but a
step-by-step tutorial would be really nice!

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.