Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by smitha <sm...@outlook.com> on 2019/02/12 09:10:56 UTC

Poi thread running since a long time

Hi ,

We have a import excel functionality where the user uploads a file with data
to import.For few of the files (we do not have those samples) , the thread
is running since a long time (252 + minutes ) at the following line  where
we check to see if there are empty rows :

java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj.remove_element(Xobj.java:2232)
	at
org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.impl.CTSheetDataImpl.removeRow(Unknown
Source)
	- locked <0x00000006d6e764f8> (a org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale)
	at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.removeRow(XSSFSheet.java:1990)
	at
com.razor.app.ra.common.importer.factory.impl.XlsxExcelImporter.deleteEmptyRows(XlsxExcelImporter.java:240)

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks !

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Poi thread running since a long time

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
Which version of POI are you using?  That line # is not in that method
in the latest version.  Many performance and bug fixes have gone into
releases over the last couple years.  If you have a file we can
examine/test, or even better a unit test that shows the issue against
the latest release, that would be the best way for us to help.
Testing against the latest release is the best first step, to see if
the issue has already been fixed in a newer version.

Secondly, which specific Sheet implementation are you using - HSSF,
XSSF, or SXSSF?  They all have their own implementations of
row.removeCell() which is where the manipulation of the CT* row and
cell objects takes place.