Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Tice <li...@johntice.com> on 2006/11/20 15:01:50 UTC

Adding new rules for pump and dump

I added the SARE ruleset (etc/mail/sa/local.cf) to try and catch the
pump and dumps with GIFs but the rules don't seem to be firing. Does
something need to be restarted on the server to activate new rules,
or are they just not specific to the spams being sent today? Anybody
have a rule to catch these spams that have GIFs and a block of small,
nonsensical text? They're only hitting three:
BAYES_50,EXTRA_MPART_TYPE, HTML_MESSAGE.
Thanks–

Re: Adding new rules for pump and dump

Posted by twofers <tw...@yahoo.com>.
I know that anytime the local.cf or user_prefs is updated it's necessary to restart SA. Depending on what your using try /etc/init.d/spamassassin -restart or /etc/init.d/psa-spamassassin restart for Plesk

  I don't know if this will help, but you need to restart SA to re-read the new configs.

  Wes

John Tice <li...@johntice.com> wrote:
  I added the SARE ruleset (etc/mail/sa/local.cf) to try and catch the pump and dumps with GIFs but the rules don't seem to be firing. Does something need to be restarted on the server to activate new rules, or are they just not specific to the spams being sent today? Anybody have a rule to catch these spams that have GIFs and a block of small, nonsensical text? They're only hitting three: BAYES_50,EXTRA_MPART_TYPE, HTML_MESSAGE.  Thanks–

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms