Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil> on 2006/04/21 15:25:19 UTC

Storing relative URLs?

I embed images in my SVG document and until now I've just been putting
the filename as the URL:

xlink:href="somePic.jpg"

Batik complains when I try to export the document to a JPG or a PNG
because it can't determine the URL protocol to use.  The only URL I've
gotten to work is an absolute URL (File.toURL()), but I don't want to do
that.  I store things in a temp directory that shouldn't be referenced
when a user saves a document.  Is there a way to get a relative path
(relative to the SVG document)?  file://./somePic.jpg
<file:///\\.\somePic.jpg>  didn't work and neither did
file://somePic.jpg <file:///\\somePic.jpg> .

Michael Bishop

Re: Storing relative URLs?

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Michael,

    See my response to Dylan on setting the base url of a Document in
memory.

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
04/21/2006 09:25:19 AM: