Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2010/06/23 23:45:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release development release HBase 0.89.20100621 rc0

I've built src and binary releases from the tip of branch 0.89.20100621.
I've also made a new tag for this release candidate. You can find the
tarballs at:

http://people.apache.org/~todd/hbase-0.89.20100621.rc0/

MD5 sums:

6f3dd13794260c09e5d68c071edf5dc1  hbase-0.89.20100621-bin.tar.gz
d00df1bbcc9d11f6483822333155b5e3  hbase-0.89.20100621-src.tar.gz

GPG signatures are in the same directory.

I would like to propose releasing this release candidate as HBase
0.89.20100621.

Please see the previous thread for more information about the purpose of
this release candidate - in particular, we're not making any guarantees that
this is bug free. I hope we can release this rc with no follow up patches
unless anything is extremely broken. We'll do another release like this in a
few weeks after the new master code has been stabilized a bit, and of course
anything else that has gone into trunk will go into there.

If we could complete voting by Friday that would be excellent.

Thanks,
-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: [VOTE] Release development release HBase 0.89.20100621 rc0

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Fix for hbase-2774 has been committed.  Some doc fixup has also been
done.  We're good to go on RC1 I'd say.
St.Ack

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.