Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/10/14 19:37:55 UTC

[Vote] New Committer : Julien Ruaux

Cactus committers,

I would to propose the nomination of Julien Ruaux as a new Cactus
committer.

Julien is working for Octo Technology (same company as myself) and has
started to implement a Cactus plugin for Eclipse (see
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CactusEclipsePlugin for more details on this
plugin). I would like to give him access to Cactus CVS so that he can
commit his work as he implements it. He is currently in inter-contract
for at least 2 weeks and has decided to help us by writing the Eclipse
plugin! He has previously worked for OTI (the team that developed
Eclipse) and has already developed other Eclipse plugins.

Here's my +1

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [Vote] New Committer : Julien Ruaux

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Welcome Julien!

As we are only 3 committers and one is no longer active, we should have
enough needed vote. Actually, I'm not sure about the Jakarta rules in
this case. Is that what is called grandfathering?

In any case, I have asked root@apache.org to set up Julien and I have
received confirmation it has been done.

So a warm welcome within our small but active community! :-)

Feel free to commit away.
-Vincent

Posted by Nicholas Lesiecki <ni...@eblox.com>.
+1 from me.