Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2008/07/15 02:00:32 UTC

Doxia release?

I just went to cut the RC for 2.0.10 and found out that it's failing on
a snapshot dependency of Doxia. I know we were debating to include this
in 2.0.9...is it ready to go or do we have to revert?

----------------------

Brian Fox

Apache Maven PMC

http://blogs.sonatype.com/brian/

Re: Doxia release?

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
IMO there are several things that will need to change for this update to
be effective. The site plugin still lists a bunch of alpha-10
dependencies, so even with DOXIA-245 fixed (I just committed a fix), it
won't be used until the site plugin is updated (or people add a long
list of updated dependencies to the site plugin in their own pom).

I think it's too early to include doxia in this release. We can do it in
2.0.11, which shouldn't be too long after an eventual doxia release, if
it's coming up in a couple of weeks.

Just my 2 cents.

-john

Brian E. Fox wrote:
> There's only 1 issue left in Jira and it didn't seem to be a huge deal.
> We've been driving towards the 2.0.10 release for a while now and I
> don't think we want to wait another couple of weeks. What are the
> ramifications of reverting back the beta? Recall that the original plan
> was to release the beta right after the 2.0.9 release so it had plenty
> of soak time in the snapshots. Given the issues we had with the api
> during the 2.0.9 release, I think it's a bad idea regardless of the
> timing to shove in a new release at the last minute.

John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp/

RE: Doxia release?