Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <te...@apache.org> on 2008/08/28 11:21:06 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Harmony 5.0M7 available

The Apache Harmony team are pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Apache Harmony 5.0M7.

Apache Harmony is the Java platform project of the Apache Software
Foundation.

Apache Harmony 5.0M7 is the latest stable build with numerous
enhancements and bug fixes including:

    * new performance improvements, especially in object serialization
      and pack200 decoding,
    * a new 'javap' the class file disassembler tool, and alpha version
      of 'policytool' the security policy management tool.
    * bug fixes and functional enhancements throughout the class
      libraries, especially in the Swing widget toolkit,
    * ...and many more

We would particularly like to thank our Google Summer of Code students
AndrĂ¡s Belicza (policytool) and Tharindu Mathew (Swing enhancements),
and welcome them to the project!

Source code and binary builds are available from the project download site:

    http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi

Apache Harmony welcomes your help. For more information on how to report
problems, successes, and to get involved in Apache Harmony visit the
project website at http://harmony.apache.org

The Apache Harmony Team