Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2017/09/02 23:10:19 UTC

DataStreamer usability

Igniters,

I am noticing quite a few issues on the user list and Stack Overflow that
have to do with Data Streamer usability. Here is just one example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46015833/datastreamer-adddata-method-not-work-as-expected-in-cluster

I think, as a community, we should try to analyze all the issues and figure
out why the users are struggling.

Does anyone have a good sense for what is happening?

D.

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Here is another little example of non-obvious DataStreamer-related API:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46045987/unknown-pair-exception-when-using-streamtransformer-for-binaryobject/46051447?noredirect=1#comment79063618_46051447
I think, passing new value as the first element of Object array is
confusing. It wasn't obvious to me.

- Denis.

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Dmitriy,

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
What about this SO question - I think it could be a good idea to add some
additional validation between nodes configurations at node's start.
Because, if the root of the problem was found correctly, then it means that
nodes were started with inconsistent configurations. What do you think?

Sure, here are a few questions:

-

Re: DataStreamer usability

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.