Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by punkymt1 <pu...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/04 16:15:05 UTC

Error when trying to deploy from Geronimo

Hi, I did an Enterprise Application using Netbeans and worked well with
Glassfish and Sun App. Server 9 but now when I try to deploy using Geronimo
I get this error about not finding the bean.

org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot find bean
"ejb/CustomerFacadeBean" referenced by bean "GeronimoEnc".
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot find bean
"ejb/CustomerFacadeBean" referenced by bean "GeronimoEnc".
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbRefBuilder.buildNaming(EjbRefBuilder.java:161)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.configureBasicWebModuleAttributes(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:842)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:343)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:165)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot find bean
"ejb/CustomerFacadeBean" referenced by bean "GeronimoEnc".
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.JndiEncInfoBuilder.buildEjbRefInfos(JndiEncInfoBuilder.java:338)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.JndiEncInfoBuilder.build(JndiEncInfoBuilder.java:138)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbRefBuilder.buildNaming(EjbRefBuilder.java:155)
	... 18 more

Re: Error when trying to deploy from Geronimo

Posted by Viet Nguyen <vh...@gmail.com>.
Can you provide us with the plans that you used? And possibly any
snippets of code.

--Viet

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
You don't mention what version of Geronimo you are using.

Assuming 2.1, you should be able to find some documentation on this in
our Wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/documentation.html

More specifically:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/openejb-jarxml.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html

or finally

http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/ejb-refs.html

If those don't help you fix your problem (or if you don't think the
info is not easy to find), we'd definitely like to hear your feedback!

--kevan

Posted by punkymt1 <pu...@gmail.com>.
I solved the problem finally. I will post the answer just in case anyone
needs it.

My web.xml had a line in the ejb-ref section which was called home and was
pointing to the local interface by mistake. It made geronimo fail at
deployment.

Cheers B-)