Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 15:13:56 UTC

T5 AJAX

Hi !
I have a doubt, i'm wandering why T5 Ajax will be prototype/scriptaculous
based and stop being dojo based ?
Thanks !

Re: T5 AJAX

Posted by janjonge <ja...@gmail.com>.
I keep asking myself the same question too. Why should there always be a
fresh start?

Jan

Re: T5 AJAX

Posted by David Avenante <d....@gmail.com>.
I took a glance at some ajax framework.

For the moment my preference go to ext :
http://extjs.com/download/build

I like this framework because for some reasons :
 1 - You can choose your core library (Yahoo
UI!<http://developer.yahoo.com/yui>,
jQuery or
<http://jquery.com/>
Prototype/Scriptaculous <http://prototypejs.org/>)

 2 - The quality of widgets is very impressive.

 3 - With JQuery and prototype you can use the rich existing plugins library

JQuery ans Prototype use fluent interface style (a la JMock) and it's very
easy and clean to use.

For Dojo, after take a glance i founded many functionality but not very
clean.
For exemple the menu is very much rich in functionality in Ext than in Dojo.

Thank's.

Re: T5 AJAX

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.