Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Davi Loperz <at...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/10 03:02:00 UTC

CARP

Hy,

Is there any possibility to save every request with RANGE tag in the
header to a certain type of file?
Or would it be more coming forward with requests to support someone
who CARP (http://icp.ircache.net/carp.txt)?

Virtual Word Network Company.

Re: CARP

Posted by Davi Loperz <at...@gmail.com>.
No.

What I want is to check if the request came in parts, lower parts and
merge them into a single file internally.

Virtual Word Network Company.

Re: CARP

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On 10/10/2012, at 2:51 AM, Davi Loperz <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> James,
>
> I'm just trying to accomplish this.

I would like to clarify your goal. Do you want to log the entire HTTP request (including the headers and body) to a file, for all requests that include a Range header?

Re: CARP

Re: CARP

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On 09/10/2012, at 6:02 PM, Davi Loperz <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hy,
>
> Is there any possibility to save every request with RANGE tag in the
> header to a certain type of file?

Yes, this is possible with a custom plugin. You would need to intercept the request in a remap plugin. After checking whether the Range header is present, you could add a transform to that request to stream the body to the file. If you don't need the request body, I think you could script this using the existing lua plugin.

Re: CARP

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 10/9/12 7:02 PM, Davi Loperz wrote:
> Hy,
>
> Is there any possibility to save every request with RANGE tag in the
> header to a certain type of file?
> Or would it be more coming forward with requests to support someone
> who CARP (http://icp.ircache.net/carp.txt)?

Not sure what exactly the question is. If it's if we support Microsoft's
CARP protocol, then the answer is no. ATS implements its own variation of
CARP (cache clustering).

-- Leif