Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by petros <pe...@cypoz.com> on 2007/05/31 07:38:10 UTC

A feature or a bug

I just noticed the following:

My tapestry page com.glintech.jumpstart.tapestry.users.UsersList is
translated in the following URL context/users/list instead of
context/users/userslist that I was expecting.

The "Users" is dropped from the name of the page. Is this done itentionally
because the name of the page starts with the same substring as the name of
its package? I think I like this feature because it forces you to avoid
having information in your page name that is already captured by the name of
the package.

However, is this a feature or a bug :)

Petros

Re: A feature or a bug

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
A feature!  On purpose, to remove redundancy from the URL.  The goal is to
allow you to select a longer class name but get a short URL.

On 5/30/07, petros <pe...@cypoz.com> wrote:

> I just noticed the following:
>
> My tapestry page com.glintech.jumpstart.tapestry.users.UsersList is
> translated in the following URL context/users/list instead of
> context/users/userslist that I was expecting.
>
> The "Users" is dropped from the name of the page. Is this done
> itentionally
> because the name of the page starts with the same substring as the name of
> its package? I think I like this feature because it forces you to avoid
> having information in your page name that is already captured by the name
> of
> the package.
>
> However, is this a feature or a bug :)
>
> Petros