Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/09/14 14:56:09 UTC

RE: more eclipse plugin challenges

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback. This Eclipse plugin is still very yound and
its main developer is no longer active and there's little chance he'll
participate again (or he would already have). So we have to make the
eclipse plugin our own. I've started reading the code and locally
improving it. Still it'll take some time before we have something rock
solid. I guess that starting from October I'll have more free time and
I'll be able to tackle the eclipse plugin which is something I really
want to do.

Feel free to send patches if you want.

Thanks a lot.
-Vincent

location="${cactus.weblogic6x.server}/lib/CR064650_CR064449_CR065213_CR0
64
> 39
> 1_61sp2.jar"/>
>
> Yes, I am using a recent version of the cactus plugin.
>
> Some things that I've noticed:
>
> 1. when the weblogic starts but fails to start the domain, it doesn't
shut
> down weblogic.  I either close eclipse or use the weblogic console to
stop
> the server.  it also doesn't delete the contents in the c:\cactus\temp
> folder. i've been manually deleting that stuff when there's trouble.
>
> 2. when a test runs, the ouput on the console in eclipse doesn't show
> error
> messages from weblogic. when the tests run, i see something about
log4j
> not
> being initialized (i probably need to copy in a log4j.properties file
> somehow), but those messages are gone when the test completes.
>
> 3. the cactify project adds the cactus jars to the project classpath.
it
> would be nice if there were an option to put the jars into the project
lib
> directory.  something that's needed for cli ant build/testing.
>
> I'm hoping to be able to use this for non-eclipse cactus testing (via
ant
> from cli) to integrate the non-eclipse users in our group and to use
this
> for all our ejb testing.  Once again, this cactus really rocks!
>
> ~mark

"testdomain">