Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Franxis Magpantay <ne...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/15 12:05:13 UTC

how does shindig render the app?

I have this query as to when does the app be rendered by the gadget
server... ...btw, i'm a noob at this.. hehe'

think of it this way...

i have shindig installed in my local computer
my local computer is behind a firewall where it needs username and password.
my browser (firefox) asks for the firewall username and password for every
session (everytime I open the browser) [that's natural]

then I try this on a newly opened browser:
http://localhost:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

so firefox asks for my username and pass...

so how does the gadget server render the app?

(1) does the gadget server download the app, render it, before displaying it
to my browser? [remember that i'm behind a firewall]
(2) does my browser download the app, then passes it the gadget server, then
the gadget server renders it, then displaying it to my browser again?

to expand things more..

i have the shindig server up on my pc.
i have another friend on the network who can access my pc through the
webserver -- can also access shindig in my pc
the network is behind a firewall that uses usernames and pass.
i have an app on the internet --
http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml for example.

my friend access the application in my pc like so:

http://10.106.1.26:8080/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

where the IP address is my IP address.

asking the questions again? how does it do it?

(1)friend accesses the link in his browser -- logging into the firewall --
download the app? -- pass to my pc so that shindig can render it? -- pass
back to friend the rendered app?
(2)friend accesses the link in his browser -- logging into the firewall --
my pc downloads the app -- my pc will render it -- pass the rendered app to
friend?

i think my pc is not logged into the firewall so i don't think that it can
dl the app for my friend..

any help will do..

thanks,

roiji-

--
It must suck to be human. If I was born a human (or as you), I would have
killed myself.

Re: how does shindig render the app?

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.
Franxis,
Yeah you are right.
But rendering is what is done when the gadget is displayed to you.

Akash Xavier
akashmanohar@gmail.com

Re: how does shindig render the app?

Posted by Franxis Magpantay <ne...@gmail.com>.