Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Charlene Mitchell <ch...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/01/09 10:14:44 UTC

MyServletRequest.getAttribute loop

Hi,

We're trying to get JSP's working with Servlet spec
2.3 (because WebLogic 7 requires it) using:
  JSPEngineImplNamedDispatcherInclude
(Coocoon 2.0.4 implements Servlet spec 2.2)

So, I have a new implementation of the:
MyServletRequest class (which lives inside
JSPEngineImplNamedDispatcherInclude) see code below:

But I am getting stuck in an endless loop in the
getAttribute method. Even though I can see that 's'
does indeed match:
"javax.servlet.include.servlet_path"

Where does the external call to getAttribute come
from?
Any immediate thoughts on what the problem could be?
Or are you already working on 2.3 support? (if not any
idea when?)

Charelene
^^^^^^^^^

    class MyServletRequest extends
HttpServletRequestWrapper {
        String jspFile;

        public MyServletRequest(HttpServletRequest
request, String jspFile) {
            super(request);

            this.jspFile = jspFile;
        }

        public Object getAttribute(String s){
            if(s != null &&
s.equals(INC_SERVLET_PATH))
                return jspFile;

            return super.getAttribute(s);
        }
    }

Re: MyServletRequest.getAttribute loop

Posted by Charlene Mitchell <ch...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Would I be correct in thinking that the following
could be happening?

1. local web server request comes in for jsp file
2. web server looks up what to do with jsp
3. request forwarded to Cocoon
4. Cocoon looks up named dispatcher
5. request passed on to Request Dispatcher
6. local WebServer receives request for jsp
7. go to 2.

If so can JspEngineImplNamedDispatcherInclude ever
work (since it uses RequestDispatcher)?

Thanks

Charlene

 --- Charlene Mitchell <ch...@yahoo.co.uk>