Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jason <jd...@renci.org> on 2012/12/07 20:33:49 UTC

shell:each question

Hi all,

I am trying to use the shell:each command to do something like the
following:

karaf> shell:each (bundle:list | shell:grep "Message Service") {
osgi:restart ($it ID) }

I keep getting a list of the services that match the grep, but then an
error saying that the values are required...."Error executing command
shell:each: argument values is required"

I think is because `bundle:list | shell:grep "Message Service"` is
returning null.

karaf> fs = (bundle:list | grep "Message Service")
....snip list of services....
karaf> echo $fs
null

Any hints on how to do something like this?

I could reorder my features so that I can do a "osgi:restart
<id-start>-<id-end>", but I like how the features file is organized and
would not like to change it.

Using Karaf 2.2.9.

Thanks,
Jason