Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Stefano Mainardi <SM...@sapient.com> on 2002/10/29 18:43:14 UTC

Why don't provide zipped manuals an HOW-TOs?

Hello everybody browsing jakarta.apache.org I noticed that manuals are not
provided as zip, tarballs or pdf, so just a suggestion: Why don't provide
zipped manuals an HOW-TOs of the applications, together with the online
pages? This could allow easy off-line browsing of the documentation.

please tell me if this type of documentation already exists somewhere in
jakarta.apache.org or elsewhere.

regards

             Stefano Mainardi
Sapient Via Crocefisso, 19
             Milano, 20122 Italia
             +39 02.58.217.1 desk
             +39 02.58.217.217 fax
             www.sapient.it

Re: Why don't provide zipped manuals an HOW-TOs?

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Usually because I'm assembling a list of docs for a PDA, or for a company
document server, or whatever :)

But Andrew's right. The docs are generally in the binary downloads.
Website needs improving to make that more clear...

Hen

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.