Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raj Mettai <rm...@broward.edu> on 2002/10/08 22:17:46 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi all,

I have apache(2.0.39) and tomcat(4.0.4) configured on different solaris 8 machines using mod_jk. I have two instances of tomcat running, each serving different jsp/servlet/bean application. I see lot of OutOfMemory errors in tomcat logs after few hours, some times tomcat totally crashes, if I do not restart. I am pretty much monitor java process using prstat and if the memory reaches maximum value, I am restarting tomcat.

here is my jdk version...

java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)

I have increased the heap size from 128M to 256M, it didn't help much other than running for few more hours.

and currently I have set up 256M min and 256M max values for heap size.

I am wondering, is there any known issues with running tomcat4.0.4 under jdk1.3.1(build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode). ?

Is there any preferred jdk version(less memory leaks) for tomcat 4.0.4 ?

thanks in advance....

Raj