Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Bob DuCharme <bo...@snee.com> on 2012/12/24 18:05:39 UTC

"BGP" vs. "Reorder" in INFO log messages

When I execute the following query with ARQ and the -v parameter,

    PREFIX : <http://some/uri/>

    SELECT * WHERE {
      OPTIONAL { ?s :comment ?comment . }
      ?s :firstName ?firstName ; :lastName ?lastName .
    }

I see the following in the output:

   11:53:02 INFO  exec     :: BGP :: (?s <http://some/uri/firstName>
?firstName) (?s <http://some/uri/lastName> ?lastName)
   11:53:03 INFO  exec     :: Reorder :: (?s <http://some/uri/firstName>
?firstName) (?s <http://some/uri/lastName> ?lastName)
   11:53:03 INFO  exec     :: BGP :: (?s <http://some/uri/comment> ?comment)
   11:53:03 INFO  exec     :: Reorder :: (?s <http://some/uri/comment>
?comment)

I can see the reordering that was done (especially if I rerun the query
with optimize=off) but can someone tell me or point me to documentation
of what "BGP" vs. "Reorder" mean in these INFO messages?

Thanks,

Bob

Re: "BGP" vs. "Reorder" in INFO log messages

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 27/12/12 16:35, Bob DuCharme wrote:
> Thanks Andy! And, I take it from the timestamps that they're shown in
> the order in which they're executed.

In the order logged - logging happens "live" as the engine runs.  Don't
forget ARQ may be using an iterative pipeline so things seem to occur
multiple times.

	Andy

Posted by Bob DuCharme <bo...@snee.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.