Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Smith <mj...@cursci.co.uk> on 1996/07/24 15:13:21 UTC

Difficulty with proxy module

Am I the only person who is unable to get the proxy module to do
anything?  I have compiled it in OK, but can't get it to behave like a
proxy.  I have cut httpd.conf down to a minimum, with the line

ProxyRequests on

(I guess that helps)

I would have thought that

ProxyRemote * http://www.apache.org

(or $) would have redirected eveything to the apache web site but have
also tried things like

ProxyRemote http://wombat:8002/ http://www.apache.org

but nothing.  I've also tried

ProxyPass /blob http://biomednet.com

but get URL not found for any URI beginning with blob.

Any help much appreciated as ever!

I've also been unable to get Listen t work differently for different
ports, but I won't worry about that now :)

Cheers

Michael Smith