Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Manu S <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 06:25:21 UTC

Zookeeper Client port issue

Hi All,

In our Fully distributed Hbase cluster setup we have given zookeeper *
clientPort=2181*. Everything was working fine

Recently I got an error from HBase shell
*ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able
to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could
be a sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default).
Consider inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure
you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's
javadoc for more information*.

I tried restarting zookeeper & hbase, but not helped. But when I change the
*clientPort *to some random port its worked.It happened twice. Changing the
clientPort is not an ideal solution as the same port is configured in our
applications.

Is there any permanent fix for this issue?

Appreciate your help on the same.

Thanks,
Manu S

Re: Zookeeper Client port issue

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Manu,

     Use only one HTable instance at a time, and do not forget to
close it once you are done. If you need multiple HTables, use
HTablePool class instead. HTablePool acts as a pool for all tables.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq