Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com> on 2004/02/02 12:18:50 UTC

Re: GUMP

Anybody know how GUMP knows about branches? I could not see any
difference in the jakarta-poi and jakarata-poi3, so am confused. How
were they set up initially.

Re: re POI is having trouble with gump was: GUMP

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> BTW: Any thoughts on a way to ask Gump to start from fresh on a
> module, delete the local copies? Gump doesn't know if metadata
> changes (at least today).

Maybe we should change that instead of introducing a delete-once
marker?

Stefan

Re: re POI is having trouble with gump was: GUMP

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> It seems to me that Python Gump is NOT acting on the "tag" attribute,
> but is only getting the code from HEAD. (does a manual cvs co need to be
> done?) Traditional gump however is handling this correctly.

Gumpy seem to be aware of tag, and uses " -r 'tag' " on the CVS command line
for both checkout and update. I wondered if the issue was a change in the
'location' (like Stefan recently mentioned) but I don't think that is it
also.

Looking at this I see no -r -- so I have to assume an internal wiring
problem.

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-poi/work/update_jakarta-poi.html

My initial suspicion (from looking at the code) is it'd take tag on <cvs but
not on <module. I'll fix that to look at both.

    ------------------------

BTW: Any thoughts on a way to ask Gump to start from fresh on a module,
delete the local copies? Gump doesn't know if metadata changes (at least
today). If we added a flag into the metadata we'd (quite likely) leave it in
be accident, and have it over used. We need something "one time", but
distributed...

We could add a version number into the metadata, both for format -- but also
for module and project 'metadata version'. We could do a clean checkout each
time the module version incremented (c.f. the value stored in the DB.)

    ------------------------

> Feel free to hit me with a cluebat if required :)

No you don't, but if you happen to have a  "CVS cluebat" handy, mind giving
me a whack w/ it? I'm pure monkey see, monkey do on CVS stuff., sorry.

regards

Adam

Re: re POI is having trouble with gump was: GUMP

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
> Looks like the cvs command is missing the -rTAGNAME option
>
> see
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-poi/work/update_jakarta-poi.html

Oh..ok .. thanks...

But is that an issue with Python Gump code, or do I need to do something
to the project definition file?

-
Avik

PS. sorry if I sound clueless.. still learning abt gump.

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
[keeping this to gump list]
Hey, Nick, thanks for checking this out...

I figured this out thanks to Glen, but now I have a different problem..

The current POI definitions are :
jakarta-poi - CVS REL_2_BRANCH, release code , build should be ok
jakarta-poi-3 - CVS HEAD, experimental code , tests fail

It seems to me that Python Gump is NOT acting on the "tag" attribute,
but is only getting the code from HEAD. (does a manual cvs co need to be
done?) Traditional gump however is handling this correctly.

see
http://gump.covalent.net/log/jakarta-poi.html
http://gump.covalent.net/log/jakarta-poi-3.html
vs
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-poi/jakarta-poi.html
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-poi-3/jakarta-poi-3.html

Feel free to hit me with a cluebat if required :)

TIA
-
Avik

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
The barnch is set in

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
The barnch is set in

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
I will look into it.

Re: GUMP

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
> I would of thought the 3rd line would be a dead give away:
It would be if my brains were functioning right....

I would have imagined that the branch setting would be on the <cvs>
element rather than <module> element. Even after receiving your mail, it
took me a while to find it ..:)

Thanks. I'll run with it. One installation of python Gump has started
sending nags... they are going to the moderation queue as the "from"
address is not subscribed, but I havent been letting them thru since its
not taking care of the branch. This needs to be taken to the gump lists.

Regards
-
Avik

Re: GUMP