Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 20:43:01 UTC

Error trying to deploy eclipse weapp into geronimo - java.io.FileNotFoundException: xxx-webapp.zip (No such file or directory)

I have just went trough the necessary steps to make Geronimo 2.1 as
one of the available options to perform a "Eclipse run on server"
with a given webapp, but when I try to run using Geronimo 2.1 server,
I get a FileNotFound xxx-.zip.
Any ideas ? Shouldn't it be looking for a WAR instead of ZAP ? BTW, I
do have the war file available

-rw-r--r--   1 lresende  staff  6218690 Apr 20 10:52
sample-store-secure-webapp.war

Below is the full stack trace that I'm getting :

Distribution of module failed.  See log for details.
  java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Users/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/workspaces/java-sca-1.x/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/server_Apache
Geronimo v2.1 Server at localhost/sample-store-secure-webapp.zip (No
such file or directory)
  org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Users/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/workspaces/java-sca-1.x/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/server_Apache
Geronimo v2.1 Server at localhost/sample-store-secure-webapp.zip (No
such file or directory)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
  	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:213)
  	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
  	at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)
  	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1410)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(RMIConnectionImpl.java:81)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1247)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1350)
  	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:784)
  	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor111.invoke(Unknown Source)
  	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
  	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
  	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
  Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Users/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/workspaces/java-sca-1.x/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/server_Apache
Geronimo v2.1 Server at localhost/sample-store-secure-webapp.zip (No
such file or directory)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.util.DeploymentUtil.copyFile(DeploymentUtil.java:96)
  	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:120)
  	... 38 more

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Error trying to deploy eclipse weapp into geronimo - java.io.FileNotFoundException: xxx-webapp.zip (No such file or directory)

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

Are you able to deploy and run this app in a stand-alone Geronimo server?

-Jack

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 20, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> I have just went trough the necessary steps to make Geronimo 2.1 as
> one of the available options to perform a "Eclipse run on server"
> with a given webapp, but when I try to run using Geronimo 2.1 server,
> I get a FileNotFound xxx-.zip.
> Any ideas ? Shouldn't it be looking for a WAR instead of ZAP ? BTW, I
> do have the war file available

I'm not the best GEP, resource, but can try and help...

What version of the server, eclipse plugin, Eclipse are you using? How
did you add the project?

--kevan