Posted to users@sling.apache.org by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> on 2014/04/19 11:16:52 UTC

intellij 13.1?

Hello,

After I think about a year I’m about to start up another sling project. I’ve used IntelliJ in the past for sling development, but now with IntelliJ 13.1 it seems to be more picky on dependencies.

For example, in my parent pom I have:
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <artifactId>org.apache.felix.scr</artifactId>
                <version>1.8.2</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>
And in my bundle pom:
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <artifactId>org.apache.felix.scr.annotations</artifactId>
            </dependency>

In the IntelliJ UI when looking at the pom.xml of the bundle the felix dependency is highlighted in yellow with the message “Dependency is not OSGI ready”, which is what IntelliJ has always done in the past.

However, when I try to use these annotations (Component, Service, Activate, etc) I get compile errors in intelliJ:
“The package is not exported by the bundle dependencies”

In IntelliJ I can change this to a warning:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21465166/how-to-configure-osgi-in-intellij-when-its-handled-by-maven

Is this what you’ve done? Or is there another way around this?

Rob

Re: intellij 13.1?

Posted by Behrang Saeedzadeh <be...@gmail.com>.
This mailing list is more or less deserted. Next to zero activity.

You might be better off if you ask your questions here:
http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manager.html

However, be warned. If you use Adobe's Help Forums, you might end up being
like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLCoYrmZwk

Because half the time the forums are broken and the other half slow like a
snail.

Best regards,
Behrang
http://www.behrang.org

Re: intellij 13.1?

Posted by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com>.
Yeah, I just set it from ‘error’ to ‘warning’ in the project settings and now the behavior seems to be the same as IntelliJ 13.0. I usually just build from the command-line anyway, but using the IntelliJ IDE for development is nice.

Rob

Re: intellij 13.1?

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.