Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Mike Gardiner <mi...@comcast.net> on 2007/03/30 18:08:19 UTC

Has anyone used SCA in ServiceMix?

I'm looking for some examples on how to get SCA based services running on
ServiceMix.

Re: Has anyone used SCA in ServiceMix?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Btw. Tibco Software has recently released a product called Activematrix
that is based on Spring, JBI and SCA.
So I think the combination of SCA and JBI is quite promising.

Another thing that is quite interesting is that there is a Spring SCA
binding defined in the SCA standard. So
Spring beans can define or consume SCA services. I think this would be
quite straigtforward to integrate into the spring based config of
servicemix.
(http://www.osoa.org/download/attachments/35/SCA_SpringComponentImplementationSpecification-V100.pdf?version=1)

Best regards

Christian

Guillaume Nodet schrieb:
> The component is quite limited, but afaik, tuscany is robust enough
> to deserve a JBI component ;-)
> However the question on how to handle SCA may deserve another
> response than just a component based on tuscany.
> SCA and JBI are quite complementary and they should converge
> in the future:  an SCA assembly could be deployed on ServiceMix,
> but not the way is has been thought with servicemix-sca.  Rather,
> the assembly should be pre-processed somehow and converted
> to a JBI Service Assembly and deployed on ServiceMix components
> (with the bindings such as HTTP, BPEL, Java, etc ...)
> If you want to talk about this more in depth, or even work on it,
> feel free to join the dev list ...
>
> On 3/30/07, Mike Gardiner <mi...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for the quick response Guillaume.
>>
>> Is the unusable state mainly because Tuscany needs to become more solid,
>> servicemix-sca needs more attention, or both?
>>
>> -Mike-
>>

>> gnodet wrote:
>> >
>> > The ServiceMix SCA service engine is not in a usable state,
>> > so to my knowledge this has not been done yet.

>> running
>> on
>> >>

>> > --
>> > Cheers,
>> > Guillaume Nodet

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Has anyone used SCA in ServiceMix?

Posted by Grant M <cl...@gmail.com>.
Has there been any thought on the possible direction of any
integration efforts for SCA?  Additionally I was wondering if OSGi
also fit into this picture?

Grant

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The component is quite limited, but afaik, tuscany is robust enough
to deserve a JBI component ;-)
However the question on how to handle SCA may deserve another
response than just a component based on tuscany.
SCA and JBI are quite complementary and they should converge
in the future:  an SCA assembly could be deployed on ServiceMix,
but not the way is has been thought with servicemix-sca.  Rather,
the assembly should be pre-processed somehow and converted
to a JBI Service Assembly and deployed on ServiceMix components
(with the bindings such as HTTP, BPEL, Java, etc ...)
If you want to talk about this more in depth, or even work on it,
feel free to join the dev list ...

On 3/30/07, Mike Gardiner <mi...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response Guillaume.
>
> Is the unusable state mainly because Tuscany needs to become more solid,
> servicemix-sca needs more attention, or both?
>
> -Mike-
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > The ServiceMix SCA service engine is not in a usable state,
> > so to my knowledge this has not been done yet.
> >
> > On 3/30/07, Mike Gardiner <mi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >>

> >> I'm looking for some examples on how to get SCA based services running
> on
> >> ServiceMix.
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by Mike Gardiner <mi...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The ServiceMix SCA service engine is not in a usable state,
so to my knowledge this has not been done yet.

On 3/30/07, Mike Gardiner <mi...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for some examples on how to get SCA based services running on
> ServiceMix.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet