Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/08/23 14:27:51 UTC

[Schema refactoring] OidRegistry

I forgot to mention that we will get rid of the single OidRegistry, or
at least that we will have to modify the lookups in this registry to
pass the SchemaObjectType as a parameter.

The rational for this change is that RFCs says we can have a  name used
for more than one type of SO. For instance, the 'audio' name is used as
an AT and as a LdapSyntax . Obviously, the oid -> name relation can't
work, so we can't do a getOid( name ) and get a single OID when name=audio.

The change in the API will be to add the SO :
getOid( AT, 'audio' ) to get the OID for the audio AT
getOid( LS, 'audio' ) to get the OID for the audio LS

That means we store more than one map in the OidRegistry.

Not such a big change though.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Schema refactoring] OidRegistry

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Yep I see this was an incorrect implementation.  I guess you can have now a
map of sets.  An alias can now map to a set of SchemaObjects.  Note the map
must be case insensitive on keys.

Alex

--
Alex Karasulu