Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2016/09/30 19:34:46 UTC

Debugging Enhanced Config

Hi,

I am working on plugging an MPack into Ambari and that is working well. I
also want to use enhanced configuration.

The symptom I’m seeing is that the new “Settings” tab shows up for my
service, but it is greyed out and hovering shows the message “No properties
to display”.  No config filters are on, so I should be seeing something
there.

I’ve checked the ambari-server.log, but found nothing, so I don’t think
there is a syntax error or unmatched brace in the theme.json file.

I’m sure it is reading the theme file, since the tab shows up, and the
properties specified are not showing up on the Advanced tab.  I think the
configuration xml is in pretty good shape, since when I remove properties
from theme.json, they show up fine in the Advanced tab.

I’ve tried to make the theme as simple as possible, just trying to show a
single section/subsection with a single property with a simple text-field
widget, but no luck.

Is there some method I can use to debug my enhanced config set-up?

--Steve

RE: Debugging Enhanced Config

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Jaimin,

Thanks for that tip.  When I got back to debugging this and queried my
configs and theme via the API, I found that it was missing the placement
section.  Turns out I had made the “placement” keyword plural to match
widgets and layouts. So with incorrect keyword, the entire section of my
json file was ignored.

Thanks!

--Steve

Posted by Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>.