Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 01:02:42 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons::Net 2.0 Released

The Apache Commons::Net team are pleased to announce the release of
Commons::Net version 2.0. This version contains many changes and bug
fixes. This release on [net] requires JDK 5.0+.

A summary of the changes is available  here:

http://commons.apache.org/net/changes-report.html#a2.0

Binaries and source jars are available from the usual download locations
once replication has completed. Note that this release contains a
cut-down FTP-only jar for clients who just need FTP functionality.

Rory

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons::Net 2.0 Released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/10/2008, Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Apache Commons::Net team are pleased to announce the release of
> Commons::Net version 2.0. This version contains many changes and bug fixes.
> This release on [net] requires JDK 5.0+.
>
>  A summary of the changes is available  here:
>
>  http://commons.apache.org/net/changes-report.html#a2.0

The report does not have a release date for 2.0 (nor 1.5, but then
that has not been released)

>  Binaries and source jars are available from the usual download locations
> once replication has completed. Note that this release contains a cut-down
> FTP-only jar for clients who just need FTP functionality.

Also, the download page no longer has links to the 1.4.1 release,
which is still current for pre-1.5 JVMs.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Binaries and source jars are available from the usual download locations
>> once replication has completed. Note that this release contains a cut-down
>> FTP-only jar for clients who just need FTP functionality.
>
> It doesn't seem to have been deployed to the Maven repo, or at least I
> can't seem to find it:
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-net/
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-net/commons-net/

If this is the first release of commons-net created with Maven 2 (I
think it is), then you need to ping the people at repository@apache.org
to let the groupId commons-net trough. Normally only artifacts with a
groupId starting with org.apache. are let through automatically.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons::Net 2.0 Released

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Binaries and source jars are available from the usual download locations
> once replication has completed. Note that this release contains a cut-down
> FTP-only jar for clients who just need FTP functionality.

It doesn't seem to have been deployed to the Maven repo, or at least I
can't seem to find it:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-net/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-net/commons-net/

/niklas