Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@apache.org> on 2003/08/07 22:39:45 UTC

Re: [VOTE] create a new geronimo@incubator.apache.org mail list

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:48:53AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:48  AM, James Strachan wrote:
> >So to avoid drowning out other general-incubator discussions and to
> >help keep the noise down for folks who only want to keep track of
> >geronimo I'd like to propose a new geronimo-only mail list be created.
> >
> >How about
> >
> >	geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
> Will Geronimo eventually become part of another top-level project,
> like Jakarta, or will it become its own top-level project?

Geronimo will become a top-level project (assuming it leaves the Incubator,
that is :-).

It is "too big" to fit into Jakarta. I think Sam's response to putting
Geronimo under Jakarta was something along the lines of "Oh god, no!" :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
gstein@apache.org ... ASF Chairman ... http://www.apache.org/