Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by Pinot Slack Email Digest <sn...@apache.org> on 2021/06/26 02:00:15 UTC

Apache Pinot Daily Email Digest (2021-06-25)

### _#general_

 **@sriramdas.sivasai:** It was great event happened yesterday. Many of my
colleagues are missed to attend the event. is there any where we can get the
recordings ??
**@kennybastani:** The recordings will be available soon. @karinwolok1 will
announce them here in this channel as soon as they are.
 **@hemavathi.thiruppathi:** Hi, We have tried to utilize the Azure Blob
Storage for inputDirURI and outputDirURI while submitting the spark job to
push the data into pinot server. We faced the below issue. Exception thrown
while calling mkdir (uri=, errorStatus =409)
com.azure.storage.file.datalake.models.DataLakeStorageException: Status code
409, {"error":{"code":"EndpointUnsupportedAccountFeatures","message":"This
endpoint does not support BlobStorageEvents or SoftDelete. Please disable
these account features if you would like to use this endpoint. It works fine
if we disable the “softdelete” option, but we need the softdelete feature in
our blob storage. It seems to be pinot code supported only ADLS Gen2, which
created on top of blob storage. So the blob credentials works when create the
ADLS Gen2 object. However, SoftDelete and BlobStorageEvents are unsupported
feature in ADLS Gen2 object. Therefore, we got the above error. Is it possible
to support Azure Blob Storage with SoftDelete and BlobStorageEvents in pinot?
**@xiangfu0:** @snlee do u have any idea on this?
**@mayanks:** IIRC, @snlee did a pros/cons of using ADLS vs ABS as deepstore
for Pinot. We went with ADLS based on those findings. Will let him share once
he is back.
 **@naga.suhinthan916:** @naga.suhinthan916 has joined the channel
 **@bandewarrahul:** @bandewarrahul has joined the channel

###  _#random_

 **@naga.suhinthan916:** @naga.suhinthan916 has joined the channel
 **@bandewarrahul:** @bandewarrahul has joined the channel

###  _#troubleshooting_

 **@naga.suhinthan916:** @naga.suhinthan916 has joined the channel
 **@bandewarrahul:** @bandewarrahul has joined the channel

###  _#pinot-dev_

 **@ken:** Saw this paper on automatically extracting columnar information
from JSON, and thought about how that could be interesting for Pinot:
e-mail: dev-help@pinot.apache.org