Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/06/16 00:22:39 UTC

JNDIRealm Functional Specifications

Finally getting back to this, which John and Ellen have (justifably) been
a little impatient about ...

I'd like us to agree on top-level goals for JNDIRealm before we dive into
the code.  This document is an attempt to extract out of the historical
discussions all the features that it sounded like we wanted, but did I get
them all?  Can they be organized better?

Once we've got that down, it will be straightforward to figure out how to
refactor the current code to support all of the requirements.  (I wouldn't
be surprised to see us have a JNDIRealmBase class that is then subclassed
for various operational modes, but we'll see what makes the most sense.)

Craig McClanahan