Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2006/10/13 02:19:25 UTC

Re: VAT and gross pricing (example of failed SALES DISC)

Jacques,

Yes, I tried on yesterday's SVN.

I just ran an exampe again, and this is what the POS shows...

Before Order adjustment
=================
Item price:    17.23 (this is exTax price)
GST:              1.72 (this is the Sales Tax subtotal)
Grand Total: 18.95

I now apply a 20% SALE DISC, and we get

After Order adjustment
================
Item price:    17.23 (this is exTax price)
GST:              1.72 (this is the Sales Tax subtotal)
Grand Total: 15.50

Neither the POS nor receipt show anything about the discount.

If I do the same thing with an Item discount, the POS shows:

Item price:     17.23
(adjustment):  -3.45
GST:               1.38 (yes, the correct tax was calculated)
Grand Total:  15.16

Note the difference in grand total prices. The SALE DISC is computing
the discount on the exTax price and then adds the tax to get the
(incorrect) grand total.

Cheers, Iain

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Iain,

I will take a look at SALE DISC ASAP (did you try with amount and taxes ?). I saw that it was not showing adjustment but had no time to solve it. Yet receipts show no adjustment informations in general.
I did nothing on this because I know that Ray barlow has done some work around receipts and I waited informations from him. But I have no news from him since a while. Ray if you read this please feel free to ring ;o)

Jacques