Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/01 09:30:23 UTC

Zeppelin 0.5.0-incubating not finding any interpreters

Zeppelin crew:

I'm having some issues with a fresh install of Zeppelin. I've downloaded
the binary
release zeppelin-0.5.0-incubating-bin-spark-1.4.0_hadoop-2.3.tgz

and extracted it, and run bin/zeppelin-daemon.sh start

with no customization except changing the port to 9000.

The server starts OK and I can connect and browse the default sample
notebook,
but when I access the notebook and try to run any paragraph, I get

"no interpreter md found" or "no interpreter sql found", etc.

If I browse to the interpreters configuration page, I see nothing listed
at all.

This is on a Fedora 20 system, using Java version 1.7.0_71
using OpenJDK.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I don't see anything obviously
suspicious in the logs, FWIW.

Thanks,

Phil
~~~
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: Zeppelin 0.5.0-incubating not finding any interpreters

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Zeppelin needs write permission to it's conf/ logs/ run/ notebook/
directory.
It can be a problem. Could you check?

Thanks,
moon