Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jo...@gmx.de on 2002/12/31 11:23:34 UTC

jpath problem

Hi,

first let me say, that I really love the flow framework. Finally it
can be fun to write web applications.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to pass objects other than simple
strings via the bizData object to the view layer.

In the example below I only get the users object converted to a string.
neither the getGroup() nor the getNames() methods get called.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Johannes Hofmann

in my flowscript I have:

var users = new Packages.test.Users();

sendPageAndWait("user.xml", {"users":users});

the relevant part of user.xml looks like:

Users Object:
<xsp:expr>
	<jpath:value-of select="users"/>
</xsp:expr>
Group:
<xsp:expr>
	<jpath:value-of select="users/group"/>
</xsp:expr>
Names:
<jpath:for-each select="users/names">
       	<jpath:value-of select="."/>
</jpath:for-each>

The corresponding JavaBean is:

public class Users {
    String [] names = {"foo", "bar"};

    public String getGroup() {
        return "myGroup";
   }

    public String[] getNames() {
	return names;
    }
}

PS: I tried xml-cocoon2_20021230172148.tar.gz.

Re: jpath problem

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Johannes.Hofmann@gmx.de wrote:
> My problem is that I can't figure out how to pass objects other than simple
> strings via the bizData object to the view layer.
>
> In the example below I only get the users object converted to a string.
> neither the getGroup() nor the getNames() methods get called.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. It's a bug in the implementation of the flow machinery. Ovidiu
promised me that he will have looked after it a few weeks ago, but I
haven't heard from him since then. I guess he's on vacation now.

Since I need this feature to work ASAP, I'm going to start debugging the
problem in the coming days. If you want to follow my progress, you'd
better subscribe to cocoon-dev.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/