Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by rajesh_r_j <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/02 02:21:55 UTC

Scaling ofbiz

We are having severe performance issue running ofbiz with embedded tomcat.
Currently it struggles to serve 50,000 pages/day (with maximum access
between 7pm -11pm). Our deployment architecture is currently one linux box
(2 GHz single processer, 2 GB RAM, CentOS Linux5) hosting web server (ofbiz
embedded tomcat) and DB (postgresql).

We are looking to serve 30,000 pages/day with each visit serving
approximately 10 pages, which boils down to serving around 2500 - 3000
customers/day. To achieve this, we are seriously considering moving to a
better server configuration and at the same time thinking about scaling up
the deployment architecture (using apache for static content, having 2 – 3
instance of servers running ofbiz and having a different server for DB).

Being a new bee to ofbiz, I was reading through the forums and
documentations to find out what is the correct approach to achieve the above
and was surprised to see that with one box people have achieved around 1
million pages/day.

I would like to find out what will be the best approach for us to take and
also find some cool links/documentation/discussions about scaling up with
ofbiz(embedded tomcat), using apache for static content and separate DB.

Thanks for the help.

Raj

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
The outline is a good check list
it covers things to be considered for scaling that are not the setup guide.

rajesh_r_j sent the following on 9/2/2008 3:16 AM:

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by rajesh_r_j <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there is a link

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
to start you evaluation:

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
this should be on the User Mailing list.
I have copied this to the User Mailing list.
there is a response from David to this with the subject
Re: Deploy Ofbiz in JBoss

madppiper sent the following on 9/2/2008 1:45 AM:

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Scaling ofbiz

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.