Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Prashanth P." <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/29 08:36:30 UTC

tomcat security-constraint does not work!!

Hello:

I am trying to enforce URL protection for a particular
folder on the web application, but it just doesn't
work. I insert the following into the web.xml of my
web application to protect the contents of the /test
folder, but...nothing happens. Tomcat diplays and
serves the contents of the folder! What am I doing
wrong? I am using tomcat 4.1.24!

    <security-constraint>
	<web-resource-collection>
	    <web-resource-name>protected</web-resource-name>
	    <url-pattern>/test/*</url-pattern>
	    <http-method>GET</http-method>
	    <http-method>POST</http-method>
	</web-resource-collection>