Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 18:08:17 UTC

Downgrading Hdfs

There is an established procedure for upgrading from one release of Hadoop
to a newer release.  Is there something similar to move back to an
lower-numered release?

Specifically, we have data in a cloud running Hadoop-19.0.  Because of
stability issues, we are wondering whether we should move back to 18, but we
don't want to lose our data.  Is there a downward migration path?

Thanks,

David

Re: Downgrading Hdfs

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
It should also be pointed out that the "rollback" process restores your HDFS
cluster to the state it was at when it was upgraded by restoring a
checkpoint -- it does not "downgrade" your current set of blocks. So if
you've pulled new data into HDFS since the upgrade, that will be lost
- Aaron

Re: Downgrading Hdfs

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.
Bill,

Re: Downgrading Hdfs

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Downgrading Hdfs

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
I though that both the capacity and fair share scheduler are available in
0.19.  Are there new features add in 0.20?  Is that documented anywhere?
How do I learn more?

Bill

Re: Downgrading Hdfs

Posted by "David B. Ritch" <Da...@gmail.com>.