Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com> on 2000/08/19 19:40:42 UTC

Configuration Problem

When running the new SOAP 2.0 I get the following error when I try to run the RPC servlet:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocumentScanner.java:625)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:804)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:861)
 at org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read(XercesParserLiaison.java:85)
 at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
 at samples.stockquote.GetQuote.main(GetQuote.java:103)

I registered the RPCRouterServlet class as my servlet. Is this the correct class? The only other one I see is the RPCRouter class, but I'm not sure if that's a servlet.

Thanks,

Cory

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Rich,

As a last resort I will, but I think the earlier message about the Servlet SDK sounds correct. Hopefully WebSphere will work with that version.

Cory
Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Rich,

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.

Re: Configuration Problem

Re: Configuration Problem

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Steven,

I checked and WebSphere is using the Servlet 2.1 API, and the latest is 2.2. Any way to tell if 2.2 is required? As IBM is so involved with the development process, I should be able to get it to work with their server.

Cory
  Hmm.. Make sure the right (newest) Servlet JSDK is being used too.. I think the UTF8 is
  "new" to JSDK 1.2 .. Make sure that is in the path as well (classpath of course.. :-)

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Steven,

Then that's it, because I'm using JDK1.1.7 with IBM Websphere, and I think its Servlets 1.1. I'm not sure if the server will work if I upgrade, but I'll try it.

Thanks,

Cory

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.